[MUD-Dev] Re: WIRED: Kilers have more fun

Holly Sommer hsommer at micro.ti.com
Thu Jul 9 15:19:43 CEST 1998

I've been innundated with mail since returning from a combination
funeral/vacation leave, so haven't caught the full conversation, but felt
compelled to ask about this:

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Marian Griffith wrote:

> On Wed 08 Jul, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>
> > I'd argue that violence cannot and does not occur within any mud.

Can you please explain to me, then, what the "kill", "backstab", "kick",
"bash" and "circle" commands are doing? Those certainly sound violent to
me. Or did you mean "it's just a game, so it's not really REAL violence -
only simulated"?

*confused*!

-Holly