[MUD-Dev] Re: (fwd) Re: command parsers: a modest proposa

Thu Jul 9 19:55:38 CEST 1998

[Richard Bartle:]

[abbreviations & synonyms]

 >        Well writing anything which isn't understood to a log file catches
 >most of them.

Duh! Of course. I'll have to put something like that in. Thanks.

 >        Yes, I can do that. A dictionary is just a mapping between words
 >(modulated by their parts of speech) and objects in the database (where
 >"object" includes things like functions and commands, as well as normal
 >pick-it-up objects).

Nod. Except for me, the concept of "part of speech" isn't really part
of the server. So, my "tables" are just mappings of strings to
database items, which includes objects, rooms, code, arrays, etc.
My "grammars" sort of have part-of-speech tacked on the side of tables.

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA