[MUD-Dev] Re: Alternate UOL's

S. Patrick Gallaty choke at sirius.com
Fri Jul 10 15:18:46 CEST 1998

I've talked to the UOR guy, and even volunteered to help at one time -
I can't ascertain his veracity.  He's got some good ideas but no way
one guy is going to make headway on such a large scale.

The UOX code is downright ugly... linear searches through the dynamic
object list to find Z height ... :(

I know of someone who is grafting LPC onto a UO server backend as the
scripting language... he's in the early stages however I have faith
in his code ability.  I suggested he use LPC because of the resource
pool we could tap into of mud programmers...

We shall see I suppose.