[MUD-Dev] Re: You think users won't number crunch and statis

Holly Sommer hsommer at micro.ti.com
Tue Jul 14 17:32:56 CEST 1998

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Adam Wiggins wrote:

> Fairly typical on diku and LP muds, if you're not familiar with them.

Age-related attribute affects are typical of Dikus? Not that I've seen.
I've been wishing more used them, along with lifespans.

> PK-enable muds which offer the "haste" spell are particularly nasty - on
> Arctic a favorite way to screw someone over *really* badly is to paralyze
> them, then cast haste on them until they are so old they can barely move.

Yikes. This is a different use of the "haste" spell than I am familiar
with (which was basically a means of temporarily increasing your number
of attacks per round, depleting your stamina in the process).

> Even more harsh was Shadowdale, where as you got older your regen fell off
> until finally it was actually negative, and thus sitting around doing
> nothing would eventually result in you "dying of old age".  One fellow, a

Heh, nod. I've got one char who is losing permanent hps to age. What an
indignant way to go ;)

-Holly