[MUD-Dev] Re: An Introduction

Adam J. Thornton adam at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Thu Jul 23 22:13:35 CEST 1998

On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 06:05:30PM -0700, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> Definitely get Stevens at some point, because while you'll eventually
> outgrow Comer... no one outgrows Stevens. "TCP/IP Illustrated" is one of
> those series everyone OUGHT to have, but not enough people do. I consider
> him about as essential as Knuth.

Yes to all of the above.  The second edition of _Unix Network Programming_
convinces me that I'm going to send the rest of my life migrating to IPv6.
I also strongly recommend, from a more broad-based perspective, Andy
Tanenbaum's _Computer Networks_, third edition.  Not as directly applicable
as Comer, not as deep as Stevens, but a great look at what all those
_other_ layers are doing too.

Adam
adam at princeton.edu
"There's a border to somewhere waiting, and a tank full of time." - J. Steinman