[MUD-Dev] Re: Analysis and specification

Shawn Halpenny malachai at iname.com
Mon Jun 15 11:57:57 CEST 1998

On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 04:01:50PM -0500, Holly Sommer wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Greg Munt wrote:
>
> > Is the topic just not interesting enough, do you not feel knowledgable
> > enough to comment, or do you not think analysis has any part to play in a
> > one-person development team? (If the last one is true, you're very, very
> > wrong.*)
>
> D) None of the above
>
> One of the (many) threads which is simply too verbose for me to digest at
> work. My only real opinion on the subject (especially if you are in a
> one-person development team) is to do whatever a&s you are comfortable
> with, but don't carve things in stone - one-person jobs can be the most
> consistent, but also the most myopic.

One of the reasons I find this list invaluable.  While I'm interested in a solo
engineering effort, I'm neither arrogant nor stupid enough to think all my
ideas are golden.  This isn't to say that I'd run every idea I have about
my game across this list, but that much of what I read here affects how I
approach my ongoing design.

--
Shawn Halpenny

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but,
I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.