[MUD-Dev] Re: OT: Announcement

Mon Jun 15 22:53:04 CEST 1998

[Greg Munt:]
 >On June 13th, at approximately 11:30 am I received my Bachelor of Science
 >in Computer Science, with University (magna cum laude) and Departmental
 >honors, from Wright State University (Dayton, Ohio, USA).

Congrats! I wonder if that was more or less painful than the births we've
seen announced here? :-)

Planning on grad studies? I don't know what its like now, but it was quite
a bit of fun when I went through (an unadmitted number of years ago!). You
get a little bit of respect from staff, you might get a part of an office,
you don't have to take as many courses (unless you are in a hurry), and
access to things comes a lot easier. You can also get paid for being a
teaching assistant, which is painful for the first week, but can be
quite gratifying if you have a teaching bent.

A friend and I worked on all sorts of game systems while we were grad
students!

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA