[MUD-Dev] Re: Multi-Server games

MH michael at sparta.mainstream.net
Fri Jun 26 14:47:41 CEST 1998

Just keep the player/object on the original server until the new server
verifies that it has taken possession of the player/object.  Something
along the lines of:

The international highway:

You see a signpost here, marking where Bubbaland leaves off and
Boffoworld begins.

> walk east  (to Boffoland)

<remote server SEGV's>
<local server fails to recieve confirmation of remote server's
acceptance of player>
<local server puts player back where he/she was, takes necessary visual
steps>

Suddenly, a great chasm appears between you and Boffoland.  You won't be
going *there* for a while...

> curse
You swear angrily.

Michael Hohensee       michael at mainstream.net
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9025/
      Finger me for my PGP Public Key, or use:
http://sparta.mainstream.net/michael/pgpkey.txt