[MUD-Dev] Re: Databases: was Re: skill system

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Tue Jun 30 18:41:45 CEST 1998

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:45:42 -0400 (EDT)
s001gmu <s001gmu at nova.wright.edu> wrote:

> The first statement is true if you are porting the code bases list
> in the second statement.  We, however, are working on something less
> ambitious.  Building a compiler into my code is a bit beyond my
> capabilities and desires ATM.

Two upfront areas worth investigating:

  1) Look into Python as its particularly suited for using as an
embedded language.

       URL:http://www.python.org

  2) Look into CINT (just found out about it), its an embeddable C++
interpreter that claims good performance (faster than Perl and Python
in many/most cases).

       URL:http://hep1.snu.ac.kr/pub/computing/RootHtmlDoc/Cint.html

     You can also find out about the whole "ROOT" project by branching
off from the above like.  ROOT itself looks like a likely useful
kernel for a MUD server attempt.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com