[MUD-Dev] Re: Embedded languages was Re: Databases: was Re: skill system

Vadim Tkachenko vt at freehold.crocodile.org
Tue Jun 30 22:16:16 CEST 1998

J C Lawrence wrote:

[skipped]

>   1) Look into Python as its particularly suited for using as an
> embedded language.
>
>        URL:http://www.python.org
>
>   2) Look into CINT (just found out about it), its an embeddable C++
> interpreter that claims good performance (faster than Perl and Python
> in many/most cases).
>
>        URL:http://hep1.snu.ac.kr/pub/computing/RootHtmlDoc/Cint.html

Anybody tried Forth-like languages?  Last time I heard, it claimed to be
faster than assembler, and reverse polish notation is not that bad, but
I honestly don't remember ever hearing its dialects being
object-oriented...

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <vt at freehold.crocodile.org>