[MUD-Dev] World Persistence, flat files v/s DB v/s ??

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Mon Mar 23 12:27:14 CET 1998

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 04:59:09 PST8PDT
Matt Chatterley<matt at mpc.dyn.ml.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Ben Greear wrote:

>> The game will need to update it's persistant storage very often to
>> make this feasible.

> Yeah, I can imagine. This is going to be your main problem, I
> think. :)

As I reported here many months agi,Stephen White (original author of
MOO which was turned into LambdaMOO by Pavel Curtis, and author of
CoolMUD which I laud as the cleanest and most elegant MUD server I've
seen bar none) has written a VRML enabled MUD server in Java which
bears quite a bit of resemblance to Cool...

  http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~sfwhite/VNet.html

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com