[MUD-Dev] META: Broken mail headers

Alex Oren alexo at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 24 15:21:28 CET 1998

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:33:32 PST8PDT, J C Lawrence wrote:

} On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 07:12:02 PST8PDT
} Alex Oren<alexo at bigfoot.com> wrote:
}
} > A humble request: Is it possible to fix the single/double space
} > problem in subjects?  Currently, most of the discussion threads in
} > my DB are fragmented into:
}
} > [MUD-Dev] Subject ^
}
} > and
}
} > [MUD-Dev] Subject ^^
}
} Writing as list owner:
}
}   I've tracked this problem down to being caused by two of our more
} active posters.  One of them (well, their software actually) randomly
} inserts TAB characters into subject lines, and the other extra spaces.
} Yes, the list software should/could strip them back to normalcy.

Can't those posters tweak their s/w to avoid such behavior?

--
Have fun,
Alex.