[MUD-Dev] Re: Storytelling patents (Storytelling vs. Simulationist)

Sun Oct 4 16:19:13 CEST 1998

Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> I'd urge you to consider the impact of patenting your systems. First, that
> means no one else can use it for several years. Second, that means you
> don't have any effective competition. The first is just plain unfair, and
> the second doesn't exactly encourage you to do the best job you can on the
> implementation. Just think about it. I won't tell you what to do, but I
> really do dislike patents and think the world would be a better place with
> fewer of them.

Ah.. patents are all over the gaming industry...

http://patent.womplex.ibm.com/details?patent_number=5604855

Other Crawford things worth checking out:

http://www.vancouver.wsu.edu/fac/peabody/game-book/Coverpage.html)
http://www.erasmatazz.com/
http://www.erasmatazz.com/Library.html

--