[MUD-Dev] Re: Laws of Online World Design

James Wilson jwilson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Oct 16 18:21:41 CEST 1998

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, J C Lawrence wrote:

>The latter.  Much like RL, a small percentage will actually go an do
>anything notable there.  A slightly larger yet still small
>percentage will extend and aggregate intersting net things about
>those new creations.  The vast rest of the great unwashed will then
>use those new products -- which is precisely what has happened on
>LambdaMOO.

[snip]

and then again -

>cf LambdaMOO.

so, let me play straight man here. (ironically enough.)

if LambdaMOO is/was such a success, what are you going to do to
top it? that is, if it achieved a critical mass of expressive
fertility, what was yet lacking that you would add?

if it failed at some point, clearly it wasn't in the fecundity
department. (cow-patties galore...) so maybe you have some other
ideals in mind aside from expressive fertility.

James