[MUD-Dev] Intermud Communication...is it worth it?

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Wed Sep 2 21:32:48 CEST 1998

A fellow was talking with me about coding up an inter-mud
tell/gossip/mail type of thing...  I know it's been done
before, and finally found where (www.imaginary.com).

But, before I go and hack another shack onto the ghetto
that is my code, I'd like to hear opinions on either the
existing protocols, or the idea in general...

I, for instance, don't think I'd ever use it as a player,
and it is horribly OOC, even for my hack and slash mentality.
But, if players liked it (and use it where it exists today),
then I'll seriously consider it...

So, what do you think?

Ben

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html