[MUD-Dev] Re: Marian's Tailor vs. Psychopaths

Koster Koster
Fri Sep 18 16:06:59 CEST 1998

[snip methods I agree with]

> Some Caveats:
>
> 1. Not all the fish will bite at this opportunity.

[playing creatures other than human]

>  The more
> clever psychos
> will play humans to cause havoc.  But hopefully it will
> divert some borderline
> psychos to constructive violent behavior.  !!!!  8')

Maybe. We haven't tried this one yet. We have given different venues
(free for all guild warfare, etc), but they are still humans. :)

> 2. There is a great problem in totally safe cities as opposed
> to mostly safe
> cities.

UO went with mostly safe cities; you can be attacked only if you have
just committed a crime yourself, or if you are in a mutually declared
war.

>  Of course, I haven't had a chance to implement any of this
> so it's all
> conjecture at this point.  8')  Hopefully it can inspire some
> ideas if nothing
> else.

Basically, these measures seem to be insufficient based on UO's
experience thus far. A big factor to consider: are the safe cities
enough for a tailor, or does the tailor want to see the whole of the
world?

-Raph