[MUD-Dev] Re: Marian's Tailor vs. Psychopaths

Matthew R. Sheahan chaos at crystal.palace.net
Sat Sep 19 20:03:51 CEST 1998

quzah [sotfhome] propagated a meme to the effect of:
> Given the above, I hardly see racisim in the term 'darkie', since
> the original poster was equating the term 'darkie' with the player
> killers. (IE: PK == BAD) Shrug. But hey, what do I know, I'm just
> a 'whitie'.

around and about Washington, DC, there is a restaurant called "Whitey's".
naturally enough, in their parking lot is a large sign bearing the legend,
"Parking for Whitey's Only".

ObMudDev: the first step to solving the Tailor Problem is having a game
where killing is of zero benefit in and of itself and usually carries
inherent risk; i.e. a game built on some model other than the "kill and
level" driven system typical to MUDs and to computer games which are
radically mislabeled "RPGs".

								chiaroscuro