[MUD-Dev] Re: Ugh, IS Diablo a mud?

Koster Koster
Tue Sep 22 17:03:35 CEST 1998

OK, then this would be where most Dikus fall. :)

To be frank, I had considered NPCs as irrelevant to the equation...
interesting assumption on my part.

> NPCs (out of 10)
> Can Kill
> Can 'talk' to
> Can buy/sell from
> Can join
>
> Same list for PCs.
> 	So for Diablo we would get very low scores for 'talk to' (0) and
> join and a fairly low score for buy/sell (something like 1).
> For quake we
> would even get buy/sell.

Hmm, Diablo has MORE interaction with NPCs than a stock Diku or
Diku-derivative. You have conversations that fit into the fiction (stock
Diku does not support conversation) plus they send you on quests (stock
Diku does not have quests or even a scripting language).

What about Lyra's Underlight? It's a mud in my mind. It has no NPCs at
all.

-Raph