[MUD-Dev] Re: Ugh, IS Diablo a mud?

Koster Koster
Tue Sep 22 17:57:44 CEST 1998

Here's something about those last two that I find interesting--I don't
see playing Warcraft as assuming a role, necessarily. And I think that
Dungeon Keeper is just barely doing that, and perhaps I feel that way
because DK doesn't have a sense of "you" in the game very strongly--it
feels more like a god game instead.

Is a requirement that there be an avatar of the player in the game?

(As an aside, I re-discovered recently that some places call muds
"habitats" after Lucasfilm's effort. This colors the term for me--I
would have great difficulty in calling most of these borderline cases
"habitats" because of connotations of the word. Thoughts on that?)

-Raph