[MUD-Dev] Re: Object transitions, was Re: Ugh, IS Diablo a mud?

Vadim Tkachenko vt at freehold.crocodile.org
Wed Sep 23 21:09:19 CEST 1998

Richard Woolcock wrote:

[skipped as irrelevant to the question]

> My Diku *is* persistant.  If you kill someone, their corpse
> remains in the room forever* (slowing rotting away, eventually
> becoming a skeleton) unless someone removes it.

[skipped]

> *At least this is how it appears from a player's point of view.
>  In fact, the corpse is saved, and loaded up the next time someone
>  enters the room - getting renamed to rotting/rotten/skeleton
>  depending on how long it has been lying in the room.

One funny question here: what is a sure way to make a clear distinction
between, for example, the corpse -> rotting corpse -> rotten corpse ->
skeleton, and, generally, define the transition between two very
distantly connected things which may be a dual (multiple)
representations of the same object?

When and how a 'body' object becomes a 'skeleton' object?

Ice melting into water?
Rock crumbling to dust?
Caterpillar becoming a butterfly?
Lycanthrops in between two literal forms?

you get the idea...

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <vt at freehold.crocodile.org>