[MUD-Dev] Re: let's call it a spellcraft

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Thu Sep 24 21:58:21 CEST 1998

On 12:27 AM 9/25/98 -0400, I personally witnessed Travis Casey jumping up
to say:

>  Certain kinds of spells don't "exist in nature" -- that is, there
>  are no existing objects which have them built in.  For example,
>  there's nothing out there that causes corpses to get up and walk
>  around.  These sorts of effects can *only* be created by a mage.

And it also gives the phrase "unnatural" entirely new and very interesting
connotations... while people flying is not at all unnatural, raising the
dead *is*. Could lead to some interesting good/evil plays: good is natural,
evil is unnatural. Unnatural has always indicated some level of distaste:
unnatural interest, unnatural desires, unnatural acts, unnatural
appearance. I *like* this. Good show, man... exciting concept you came up with.
Caliban Tiresias Darklock <caliban at darklock.com>   | "I'm not sorry or
Darklock Communications <http://www.darklock.com/> |  ashamed of who I
PGP Key AD21EE50 at <http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu/~bal/> |  really am."
FREE KEVIN MITNICK! <http://www.kevinmitnick.com/> |  - Charles Manson