[MUD-Dev] question about tile-based games

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Fri Aug 13 10:25:46 CEST 1999

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

>                       # # # # #
>               # # # # #       #
>               A J M B         #
>               # # # # #       #
>                       # # # # #
>=20
> How does Bob manage to do anything to Joe? Certainly, he can go out of =
the
> room, but how does he manage to do anything at all to Joe? Is this sort=
 of
> behavior considered acceptable?

It would allow him to 'wait him out'. I would guess it could be equally=20
annoying for both parties. Joe would not be able to leave, if he did, Bob
would be able to follow (assuming for all posibilitys sake that you are=20
able to change direction while passing through other people).

This would also allow for some variant 'quantum character tunneling
effect', which would allow characters to 'tunnel' through a long row
of other characters, if you don't check if its possible (by movement
points, tile availability and the like) for Bob to go trhough A, J and M
before you allow him.

Hans Henrik St=E6rfeldt   |    bombman at diku.dk    | work:  hhs at cbs.dtu.dk=

address:                |___  +45 40383492    __|__       +45 45252425   =
  __|
 Dybendalsvej 74 2. th, | Scientific programmer at Center for Biological =

 2720 Vanl=F8se, Danmark. |  Sequence Analysis, Technical University of D=
enmark|

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu