[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #142 - 4 msgs

Colin Coghill C.Coghill at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Aug 19 10:43:39 CEST 1999

Greg Miller wrote:

> Indeed, and this is good. PGs enjoy learning the ins and outs of a
> complex system and how to use it to their advantage. RPers, on
> the other hand, are probably not there for the ecologies and
> economies. They want a chance to play a role in some story, and
> such a simulation doesn't add much (if anything) for them.

I'd argue that it adds quite a lot, even for RPers.

It makes the environment just a little bit more realistic, which IMHO
gives players more to work with - and supplies interesting things
for them to talk about or base story threads on.

- Colin
--
Colin Coghill   ICQ#8108509 |
http://kcbbs.gen.nz/~colin  |       The sleeper must awaken!