[MUD-Dev] Fair/Unfair? Scenarios (fwd)

Dundee SkeptAck at antisocial.com
Wed Dec 8 22:13:03 CET 1999

Matthew Mihaly <diablo at best.com> wrote:=20
> Unless you are in a permadeath game, getting trapped in a death trap =
does
> not entail not surviving. It's simply a setback (either minor or =
major),
> and players quickly realize this.=20

That doesn't address the "I'm trapped in this little room until an admin
comes to let me out" scenario.

=46irst day on legend mud:  "Well, we're stuck.  I guess this is what all=
 those
ominous warnings were going on about."

We ask for help.  Admin tells us she won't interfere in the game.  =
"Right,
that would ruin the world immersion."

So we used the chat channel to get another player to come un-stuck us.

I suppose we also could have made new characters, bought recall potions,
taken them to where our other characters were stuck, etc.

But er.. anyway, couple other times we stepped into instadeath.  That was
actually fine, as you say, it's just a set-back.  The "trapped here =
forever"
thing though... guh.

Just kill me and get it over with, already.

--=20
http://dundee.uong.com/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu