[MUD-Dev] Rooms

Ross Nicoll rnicoll at lostics.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 22:39:40 CEST 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Greg Munt wrote:

> Is the choice nothing more than co-ordinates, or rooms, or both? Or are
> there other alternatives? By how much can the room concept be extended from
> the StockMUD implementation - if at all? For those who have implemented
> their own worlds, what system have you used, and would be interested in
> discussing them, here on this list?
I've only done room based before, but one hybrid that occurred to me would
be to have everything defined relative to something else. So someone would
be relative to the chair they were sitting on, which would be relative to
the table it was at, which would be relative to the room, which would...

It never really got beyond the "I wonder if it's possible to..." stage,
though.
--

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu