[MUD-Dev] Languages (slightly offtopic, was Text Parsing)

Darren Henderson darren at jasper.somtel.com
Fri Jun 4 23:09:43 CEST 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> Because reducing the damage/healing numbers sucks. It means that someone
> can just hit (as an example), their DRINK HEALTH button over and over as
> quickly as possible in order to heal themselves to full essentially
> instantly.

I would think something is wrong with a "DRINK HEALTH" function like that,
I would think it should have some limit to effectiveness....drink to much
at a time and its poison, loses its effect, something... beyond that
they should be getting the crap kicked out of them while they are stoping,
finding the vial, kicking back a cold one etc....

I'd go so far to say that drinking a potion during combat is something
that one should do at great peril unless they have a party and someone
that can defend them while they're occupied. Same for lighting a pipe or
casting a complex spell...would take some very cool headed hero to ignore
that double bladed ax being swung at his head while he hunts for a match.
At the very least their defense should be lowered and they should lose a
round to attack in.

Darren Henderson                              darren at jasper.somtel.com

                   Help fight junk e-mail, visit http://www.cauce.org/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu