[MUD-Dev] Languages (slightly offtopic, was Text Parsing)

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Tue Jun 8 17:59:30 CEST 1999

On 6/8/99, at 3:50 AM, Greg Miller wrote:

>Good post... I've never been a big fan of realism, myself... "Depth" is
>the biggest issue with me, by far, with "ease of interface" being a
>significant second item. I think I developed my attachment to these two
>from years of playing fighting games.

http://imaginaryrealities.imaginary.com/volume2/issue1/realism.html

Scatter, who used to read this list, wrote a nice article called 'Dangerous
Realism' that I have referenced above.   He talks about the dangers in
making a mud too realistic.  An interesting article and looks a few of the
problems with realism and just how realistic you really want to make
things.

Slowly sifting sand in the sandbox,
David.

PS The imaginary web server appears to be down right now, it should be back
RSN I hope.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu