[MUD-Dev] memory and speed

Brad Leach c9608122 at studentmailbox.newcastle.edu.au
Sat Jun 12 10:38:59 CEST 1999

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Adam Wiggins wrote:

<snipped>

> Ack!  My x86/Linux box has 288 megs.  I haven't noticed any problems, but
> then again I haven't exactly done any benchmarking (I went up from a K6/233
> to a K6-3/400 at the same time that I took the memory over 256M).
>
> Is there an online resource which discusses this problem?  Specifically
> I'd like to know which chipsets have this problem so that I can know which
> to buy in the future...

<URL:http://www.tomshardware.com/>
I am not exactly sure if this site will have anything on that particular
problem, but in the past it has gone into ram cache problems (such as the
64MB cachable limit on the TX chipset). It used to be a good site - I am
not sure about it now though, as I am also out of the hardware loop.

> Adam W.

Cheers,
-Brad

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu