[MUD-Dev] Elder Games

Martin C Sweitzer msew+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 11 19:25:08 CET 1999

I read in the archives about a person that went to a conference and
heard a talk given on Elder Games (or portion of talk on it)

http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q2/msg00589.html
http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q2/msg00486.html

There was really no details given on this subject that I could find.

Specifically you have 0 to N-1 levels and once you get to the maxLevel
you have this uber character that needs something to do.  Artificially
increasing the number of levels for this new set of characters seems
twinky to me.  There are other obvious things you can do also but are
still not wonderfully great.

What things have people used successgully?

msew

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu