[MUD-Dev] Naming and Directories?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 18 10:36:25 CET 1999

On 17 Mar 99, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:
[snip]

I went ahead and tested a linklist vs. 1-layer hashtable using a width of 13
and hashing the first 4 bytes.  I padded the strings with nulls.  I used the
last monthly Mud-Dev FAQ posting to build input for the larger test and the
topic list I posted in January for the smaller test.  :P

     Items   No Optimize  Full Optimize
Hash #2642     0.00087       0.00084
List #2642     0.00143       0.00111
     %Gain         39%           24%
Hash #409      0.00056       0.00056
List #409      0.00062       0.00060
     %Gain          9%            6%

--
--*     Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD       Email:jlsysinc at .ix.netcom.com      *--
--*     Mud Server Developer's Page <http://pw1.netcom.com/~jlsysinc>      *--

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu