[MUD-Dev] Re: pet peeves

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Thu Mar 18 16:36:41 CET 1999

On 3/16/99, at 9:49 PM, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

>But if people like you don't talk to people like them, where does the next
>generation of people like you come from?

But your assuming he talked to others first before doing whatever it is
that made him, him...?  In a lot of cases I would say this is a false
assumption.  I certainly never wandered around on bigger fluffier muds and
talked to the admins when I first started the mud, the only time I do it
now is if there is a specific instance to deal with.  Like someone from
their mud hacking ours, or if there is a mud using an illegal copy of our
code.

I think it is a level of arrogance of the admins from other muds that they
assume that you would want to talk to them.  Isn't this just arrogance of a
different sort?

Administrator and big hairy muffin in disguise,
David.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu