[MUD-Dev] (fwd) Re: implications

J C Lawrence claw at koala.kanga.nu
Thu Mar 25 00:01:30 CET 1999

-- forwarded message --
From: syps at dds.nl (Syps)
Newsgroups: alt.mud
Subject: Re: implications
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:25:28 GMT

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 05:26:48 GMT, "tijir" <tijir at ccnmail.com> wrote:

>What exactly do you mean by "the implications of mudding"?

Several new media theorists use mudding amongst others to think about
identity and the relationship between identity-body.

Personally, I am interested in the implications of mudding for
narrative: is mudding a form of interactive narrative? I would like to
link it to categories from narratology, but it might go to far to
explain that here.

I found, while playing around with Moo, that setting descriptions for
rooms, exits objects and verbs, the 'programmer' influences character
description.

I was basically wondering how these things work in other type of
programming languages. But since i am not a real programmer, I find it
hard to be more specific.

% Syps
-- end of forwarded message --

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu