[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Sun May 2 22:48:03 CEST 1999

Hmm...
I think I'm ditching my design starting from (almost) scratch again :-) This
must be the third or fourth time or so.  The worst thing is, I'm getting
back to where I was *4* years ago regarding what I want to do now.  The
basic reason for this is that I realize that I want to make it accessible to
handicapped people, to blind people and others who cannot easily use many of
the newer inherently graphical systems.  Which pretty much rules out the
hardcore simulationist approach which I have been following so far.  So, I'm
basically back at the scratchpad (well, I always liked design better than
implementation :*).  Maybe I'll come up with something that will take less
than 3-5 man years to design and implement this time!! Hahaha... I haven't
been very good at that so far. :-X

So, what are you custom server guys doing?  Have you been able to stick to
your vision, or has it changed?  I see that Ben keeps pushing ScryMUD, but
what about Jon and the roleplaying supporting client, JC, Caliban, Ling,
Yospe and all the others?  Are you "pushing" (implementing) or "butching"
(redesigning)?

It would be interesting to see what you are doing and where you are going!!
A mud-dev custom status quo, sort of.  Please share!

--
Ola Fosheim Groestad,Norway
(I'm probably going to change my mind again in 6 months or so... I bet.)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu