[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Wes Connell wconnell at adhesive.com
Mon May 3 17:53:31 CEST 1999

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Ola Fosheim [iso-8859-1] Gr=F8stad wrote:

> It would be interesting to see what you are doing and where you are going=
!!
> A mud-dev custom status quo, sort of.  Please share!

Well technically the server I'm working on is not custom since I had to
use memory allocation stuff from Diku. Diku gets credit =3D]. Anyways, the
mud is going to be AD&D based. It will be to the book exact. Following the
book exact turned out to be more of a challenge than I thought. A couple
of somewhat interesting things I've done to the server is combine the
object/character/player structures into one structure and make the room
descriptions dynamic depending on what objects/characters/exits are in the
room.

I've been working on it for about 3 months now and should be ready to
start playing in about 6 months. This list has definitely had an influence
on the way things are turning out in the code. A good number of the ideas
on game design, economy, and community have shaped the code.

I'm interested in seeing what others are working on. I remember some
traffic about some graphical muds in the works, you guys still on em?

Wes!
wconnell at adhesive.com
He who laughs last is probably your boss.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu