[MUD-Dev] Re: Interesting dilemma

Matthew Mihaly sarapis at achaea.com
Tue May 4 01:41:56 CEST 1999

At 02:53 PM 5/3/99 -0400, Shawn Halpenny wrote:
>On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 01:38:57AM -0400, Peck, Matthew x96724c1 wrote:
>

>Simple idea:
>
>Give your immortals a fuel guage of sorts.  The greater a change they
>try to make to auto-gen'd item stats, the more of their immortal-fuel
>they use.  This need not be restricted solely to modifying items, but
>any immortal command that can affect the world.
>
>Of course, you then need a system that governs the production of this
>immortal-fuel.

We use a system like this for our Gods (we don't have non-role immortals.
Even coders have a "role" persona, like God of magic, for instance). Except
for three Gods, their powers are governed by 'godly fuel' as you call it.
Their godly fuel is generated by offerings from players. The bigger the
player whose dead body is offered, the more fuel. The bigger and tougher
the mobile, the more fuel, etc.
--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu