[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Tue May 4 12:41:15 CEST 1999

On 5/3/99, at 5:53 PM, Wes Connell wrote:

>Well technically the server I'm working on is not custom since I had to
>use memory allocation stuff from Diku. Diku gets credit =]. Anyways, the
>mud is going to be AD&D based. It will be to the book exact. Following the
>book exact turned out to be more of a challenge than I thought. A couple
>of somewhat interesting things I've done to the server is combine the
>object/character/player structures into one structure and make the room
>descriptions dynamic depending on what objects/characters/exits are in the
>room.

Morning,

I hope you have talked to TSR about the copyright issues here (well,
Wizards of the Coast now)?  Being derived from a set of books or from
something like AD&D immediately puts you into a copyright problem if you
try to go public.  TSR (when they were TSR) did shutdown at least one mud
that I know of, for being based on Forgotten Realms.

Copyrighting the technicolour dreamcoat,
David.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu