[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 6 14:31:52 CEST 1999

On 6 May 99,, Greg Munt wrote:
> > [Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad]
> >
> > basic reason for this is that I realize that I want to make it accessi=
ble
> > to handicapped people, to blind people and others who cannot easily us=
e many
> > of the newer inherently graphical systems.

[snip]

> Questions:
>
> 2. How are you proposing to support handicapped people, specifically the
> blind?

This should be a snap, really, to provide support for the blind to ALL
existing telnet text-based muds.  I don't know what the state of text-to-
speech and voice recognition software is on *nix systems, but IBM has
released some excellent advanced software in this area which will run on
OS/2, MAC and Windows platforms.  I would postulate that one could
provide support solely through a new generic voice Telnet client.  I'd
even bet that some IRC voice clients are currently out there.

Anyway, it seems like a good idea.

--
--*     Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD       Email:jlsysinc at .ix.netcom.com     =
 *--

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu