[MUD-Dev] Autogenerating maps from muds using cardinal directions for exits?

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sun May 9 15:20:43 CEST 1999

Mik Clarke wrote:

> Really, a Mud with non-directed exits? In mine (and all others I've seen)exits
> go from one room to another. Normally there will be another exit
> coming back in the same direction to give the illusion of a bi-directional
> exit, but in practice it's two directional ones working together.

I was talking more about the nature of the graph that might be produced.
Now that I think about it, I might have completely mis-used the phrase
anyway :)

> If you really have directionless exits, then you could impose a direction
> from the first room to the last one (and tell the package to leave the
> arrows off?)

If I could find the right package, I could probably do this.  I just
know that I couldn't get the one I was working with (graphviz) to
produce the kind of output I was looking for.

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu