[MUD-Dev] Autogenerating maps from muds using cardinal directions for exits?

Mik Clarke mikclrk at ibm.net
Sun May 9 18:26:13 CEST 1999

Ben Greear wrote:

> So, that leaves me with an interesting problem.  Has anyone ever
> attempted something like this?  I've looked at the graphviz toolset
> from some researchers at (IBM I think).  That's what I make my
> skill/spell graph with.  However, it doesn't deal well with non-directed
> graphs like that found in most muds.

Really, a Mud with non-directed exits? In mine (and all others I've seen)exits
go from one room to another. Normally there will be another exit
coming back in the same direction to give the illusion of a bi-directional
exit, but in practice it's two directional ones working together.

If you really have directionless exits, then you could impose a direction
from the first room to the last one (and tell the package to leave the
arrows off?)

There are still some muds (like mine) which you cannot map in this
fashion.

Mik

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu