[MUD-Dev] Scry 1.9.1 (Feature Freeze) released.

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sun May 16 04:36:55 CEST 1999

Latest changes include a pretty functional (IMHO) bug/idea tracking
tool built right into the server.  (It's lightly integrated, so if
you wanted you could probably adapt it to your own mud w/out
much trouble.)  It keeps an online database (flat-file) and also
generates HTML.  Hegemon has a GUI pane for those who like to
point and click....  For some sample HTML output, check out the
buglist for my beta server:

http://mud.primenet.com/~greear/BC_BUGS.html

Also, I'm self-imposing a feature freeze, to help me concentrate
on testing the existing features and fixing any problems that need
to be resolved before we open to the unwashed masses (which will
hopefully be soon....I mean, its been almost 5 years!!)

Other fixes in this release include resolution of a crash bug
related to room-wide skills/spells...  Hegemon's InputFilter was re-worked
quite a bit to make it faster and cleaner.  The jar file got a
lot bigger, and you probably won't notice the performance gain,
but, the code is beautiful, man!!!

Feel free to download and play around with the source, let me
know if you have any...issues :)

Enjoy,
Ben

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu