[MUD-Dev] Dylan Programming Language

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 30 01:41:21 CEST 1999

On 30 May 99,, Ling wrote:
> I don't think I've seen this posted here.
>
> <URL:http://http.bsd.uchicago.edu/~jbd2/dylan/dylan_world.html>
>
> Dylan is a free programming language.  Er, and that is all I know.  Check
> out the website for more details, especially the advocacy bit which
> compares it with Java.

If I'm not mistaken, the Interlude mud server has an embedded language
that is based on Dylan (loosely).  JC has a copy of Interlude in the
kanga.nu FTP archives.  There's also something called Marlais, which is
an interpreted subset of Dylan, which looks like it might be easily
embedable.

This site has oodles of compiler goodies. :-)

Dylan looks kinda weird to me.  But I really like Tom (see above site for
links).  It has a very comfortable object delegation model.  As always,
YMMV.

--
--*     Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com             *--
--*     Mud Server Developer's Page <http://pw1.netcom.com/~jlsysinc>      *--