[MUD-Dev] Mud hosting services

gunderwood at donet.com gunderwood at donet.com
Fri Nov 19 19:14:21 CET 1999

First up, it's been quite a long time since I posted, so "hey there" to all of you old-timers, and "hi" to the new folks.  I was out of the country (in Germany, specifically) for about 6 months, with my only access via a US gov. computer.  The US gov. get's all touchy when you use their computers for anything but the contract.  :P

Anyway,

> Ian Macintosh (Sat, 20 Nov 1999 05:10:09 +1300) wrote:

> You could
> probably glean an idea of the recipients bandwidth by seeing how long
> it took to ack data back to you, but that would be a bit kludgy.

Couldn't you just ping the recipient every once in a while and adjust the bandwidth based on the results?  Not a lot prettier, I guess, but maybe combine the two?

-Greg

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu