[MUD-Dev] about MOO

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Fri Nov 19 19:18:54 CET 1999

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:31:49 -0800 (PST)
maddog  <maddog at best.com> wrote:

> If you want to see the world, its at madwizards.com 1150. If you
> don't have programmer or builder priviledges about all you can see
> is some rooms, sliding doors, a few mobiles, part of the old LP
> lib 2.4 something including the troll -- although he is not
> aggressive.

If you'll throw the tarballs on ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Incoming I'll
put them in the tree.

> Another note: a couple of people in the MOO list have talked about
> a 3D mud.  So I suggested they look at Genesis3D engine instead of
> trying to write their own.  Genesis3D is open source and includes
> a network version. And then today I got email from someone
> involved with Genesis3D and he wants to create a virtual worlds.

'Tis a shame they don't understand what "Open Source" actually means
when attempting to apply it to their product.  Cyrstalspace, which
is LGPL, of course isn't quite there yet, but its trying and _is_
moving forward at a decent rate.

> Lots of interesting little projects -- not enough critical mass to
> finish most of them.

Too true.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu