[MUD-Dev] Public Domain Client

Ian Macintosh iman at issystems.co.nz
Sat Nov 20 17:23:49 CET 1999

Hi.

I've been writing a client for my Mud, and is proving very popular
with my players.  It's fairly capable, using triggers, aliases,
key-remapping/macros, etc.  Plus it supports the !!SOUND(soundfile
V=nnn) stuff.  The sounds are stored in a single file, based on DGC's
sound library.

Just wondering if there is a need for something like this?  I see a
few of my players used to use ZMud, but it's a crippleware product, so
they have to buy if they want to play.  There is also GMud, which is
shareware, but it has had no maintenance on it for a few years, and
the author doesn't have any interest in it any longer (based on some
email from him about 3 years ago).

If I did release it, I'd make it Public Domain, do with it what you
like, even rebadge it and call it your own if that turns you on :^)

It requires Delphi 4 to compile or edit, but I'd of course put EXE's
up.

Regards,

Ian Macintosh
IS Systems Limited