[MUD-Dev] The grass is always greener in the other field

claw at kanga.nu claw at kanga.nu
Fri Nov 26 11:45:49 CET 1999

Noted with droll amusement:

------- Forwarded Message
From: pluto151t at aol.com (Pluto151t)
Newsgroups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online
Subject: Re: Is Item Decay Really Necessary......

People who hoard items don't affect you at all. Maybe backup
times take longer, but if they had not had 5th grade programmers
when they created the game, this would NOT have been an issue.

When you spend $50-60 on the game, and $10 a month to PLAY
the game, you should beable to hoard items if that is what you
ENJOY...  I hoarded items when I played. I enjoyed going to
a dungeon, fighting dragons, hoarding loot. I didn't pk, I didn't
steal from people, I didn't loot corpses.. I enjoyed collecting
items. As much as I hate to admit it, Raph Koster was MUCH
better for UO than the new guy.

------- End of Forwarded Message

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu