[MUD-Dev] The grass is always greener in the other field

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 26 15:51:16 CET 1999

JC Lawrence wrote:

>From: pluto151t at aol.com (Pluto151t)
>
>People who hoard items don't affect you at all. Maybe backup
>times take longer, but if they had not had 5th grade programmers
>when they created the game, this would NOT have been an issue.
>
>When you spend $50-60 on the game, and $10 a month to PLAY
>the game, you should beable to hoard items if that is what you
>ENJOY...  I hoarded items when I played. I enjoyed going to
>a dungeon, fighting dragons, hoarding loot. I didn't pk, I didn't
>steal from people, I didn't loot corpses.. I enjoyed collecting
>items. As much as I hate to admit it, Raph Koster was MUCH
>better for UO than the new guy.

This is interesting because it is how I often attempted to play the
questy-style HnS games.
The Collector is a sub-class of the Adventurer.
A Spade with a Vault.  Is anybody running or planning on an
adventure game that allows characters all sorts of options in
hiding their loot?  Like vaults, treasure chests, buried, pirate
ships, etc.

--
--*     Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD Email: jlsysinc at nospam.ix.netcom.com     *--
--*     Mud Server Developer's Page <http://jlsysinc.home.netcom.com>      *--