[MUD-Dev] characters per account

Jeff Freeman skeptack at antisocial.com
Mon Apr 3 12:06:21 CEST 2000

>>Lord British:
>
>"Interesting!... I believe the internet and especially the [anonymity] it
>provides people, has been a social negative. In fact in the new game "X"
>I intend to give people 1 and only 1 character at a time, thus they will

>F. Randall Farmer: (going out on a limb...)
>MM Games need to _embrace_ the nature of the net and incorporate
>its features/warts into their game designs from the beginning.

Seems like that would be a lot easier with a science-fiction background
rather than a fantasy/magic one.

But are there are any commercial science-fiction games in the works?  Seems
like all I see are techno-fantasy or stock-fantasy.  Either swords and
sorcery, or swords and sorcery and laser-pistols.  But sort of
Traveller-esque type online multiplayer game.

Is it just the size of the map that's a problem?

--
 http://dundee.uong.com/