[MUD-Dev] characters per account

AR Schleicher ars at iag.net
Mon Apr 3 16:37:23 CEST 2000

From: Matthew Mihaly <the_logos at achaea.mudservices.com>
> How is this going to keep people from having more than one character?
> Encouraging people is not enough. You're still going to have multiple
> characters per person, end of story. You may have slightly less, but this
> wouldn't have a prayer of stopping everyone that uses multiple characters
> from doing so.

It won't stop them.  With the people I know in UO, this is the number one
reason for having multiple characters.  Adding this would significantly
reduce the value of having multiple characters.  Why logout and login with a
different character, when I can do it with this one? Reduce the value, and
increase the cost enough, and multiple characters become less frequent,
right?

AR Schleicher (Jerrith)
ars at iag.net