[MUD-Dev] characters per account

Sayeed yu219121 at yorku.ca
Mon Apr 3 23:19:32 CEST 2000

Matthew Mihaly wrote:
>How is this going to keep people from having more than one character?
>Encouraging people is not enough. You're still going to have multiple
>characters per person, end of story. You may have slightly less, but this
>wouldn't have a prayer of stopping everyone that uses multiple characters
>from doing so.

In a pay for play system, simply providing only 1 character per
account would do it, as long as the account is the same price
as a current multi-character account.  I posted a pretty extensive
rant on the topic under the subject heading,

RE:  [MUD-Dev] Gamasutra:  Online Justice Systems -  dated 3/27/00,

I am fairly confident that players would understand that the
 increase in cost per character accompanies an increase in
the quality of play, due to the many problems that a single
character system corrects.

'Sayeed.