[MUD-Dev] Re: Family, was characters per account

Phillip Lenhardt philen at ans.net
Tue Apr 11 15:10:24 CEST 2000

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 11:10:37AM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:45:45 -0400
> Phillip Lenhardt <philen at ans.net> wrote:
>
> > But suppose that every script a player writes is available to
> > everyone else (which obviously precludes the "script trade"
> > economy). Then having a "killer script" is at best a momentary
> > advantage.
>
> You've been reading my arguments from the archives haven't you?

Naturally. Of course I'd also like to think I put some original thought
into the idea :)

One issue with open-scripting is that the scripting language must enforce
enough coding style that poor scripters can understand the work of good
scripters. Even better would be for the langauge to enforce a reasonable
level of configurability so that adapting a script is easy as well.